Zucchini Carrot Bars
A delightful twist on zucchini bread with carrots and a zesty lemon glaze.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- Lemon Glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Combine flour, soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together brown sugar, butter, egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Stir in zucchini, carrots and KELLOGG'S RAISIN BRAN cereal. Add dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Spread evenly into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
4. To make Lemon Glaze, combine butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread evenly over warm bars. Cool completely before serving. Cut into bars. Cover and store in refrigerator.