The Great Raisin Cookie
This raisin-studded cookie is crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- 2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. In small bowl combine KELLOGG'S RAISIN BRAN cereal, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in raisins.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
For large cookies, prepare recipe as directed above in steps 1 and
4. Drop dough by level 1/4-cup measure onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.