Sour Cream Bran Coffee Cake
Prep Time (min): 15
Total Time (min): 80
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Combine
KELLOGG'S® RAISIN BRAN® cereal and sour cream in small mixing bowl. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cereal mixture alternately with flour mixture, mixing well. Spread in greased 9-inch tube cake pan.
3. Bake in oven at 350° F about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired.
To make glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with 4 teaspoons warm water.