Banana Bran Bread
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
2. Break egg into mixing bowl; beat well. Stir in vanilla, butter, lemon juice, and bananas. Add flour mixture; beat until well-combined. Mix in Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal cereal and walnuts. Pour into greased and waxed paper-lined 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pan about 5 minutes then remove from pan to cooling rack.