Baked French Toast with Orange-Berry Sauce
This quick and easy brunch dish is quick to prepare and is a great crowd pleaser. The refreshing addition of citrus brightens the fresh seasonal berries and brings the dish together.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten*
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 slices (1-inch thick) French bread
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 1/3 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1. In shallow dish combine eggs, milk, orange peel, 2 teaspoons of vanilla and cinnamon. Dip bread slices into milk mixture, coating both sides. Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bake at 450°F for 9 minutes or until light brown. Turn bread. Sprinkle with Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread. Bake for 6 minutes more or until light brown.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan stir together orange juice, honey and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling and thickened. Gently stir in strawberries and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Serve over toast.
For a lower fat version, substitute 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute for the 4 eggs.