Applesauce Crunch Coffeecake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
1. In small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 2
tablespoons butter until crumbly. Set aside for topping.
2. Crush the 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal to 3/4 cup. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Stir in applesauce. Spread evenly in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with topping.
4. Bake at 375° F about 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm or cooled.