After School Muffins
Serve these muffins for an after school snack that will provide needed fiber to your kids diet.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
1. In small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Set aside for topping.
2. Stir together flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and chocolate morsels. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with sugar-cinnamon topping.
4. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
1. Prepare as above. Portion 1/4 cup batter into 12 paper-lined custard cups. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon topping. Arrange 6 cups on microwave-safe plate in center of microwave.
2. Cook on HIGH 2 minutes. Rotate the plate 1/4 turn and cook on HIGH 1 minute longer. With hot pads, carefully remove muffins from microwave and place on wire rack. Repeat with remaining muffins. Let stand on wire rack 5 minutes before serving.